Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby Alert!

"Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God--you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration--what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.

Your thoughts--how rare, how beautiful!" ---The Message

We can't wait to meet you baby Kaden!


Last Saturday we had a baby shower for my niece Bree who is due in just a few weeks! The shower was at my sister-in-law Debbie's house and was co-masterminded by Debbie and my niece Kelly. They did a fantastic job putting it all together... Shown above from left to right: Liz, Chelsea, Bree, Kelly, Kira...

Everything looked so beautiful...



and the food was great...



the people were even more great and beautiful...

(Left to right: Bree's friend Liz, her sister Kira, her mom Ronda, friend Kelly)

(friends Alice and Sheryl)

(my daughter Chelsea , and Bree)
(Kelly, Me, Chelsea)

(this is Shawna: Bree's cousin, Debbie's daughter, my niece, Ronda's niece, Kelly's sister etc...)

(this is Bree's Grandma Carolyn, this picture is not from the baby shower she must have been
hiding from my camera, but there is no escaping, if you don't know her than you have to meet her... She loves all of us so much and is so good to us. She spoiled Bree with bag after bag of the cutest clothes, blankets, little accessories... Baby Kaden is set for a long time!)

(Sidney and Noel... are they the cutest???)

(this is Kira, Bree's sister)

(Kelly and Chelsea)


(we had a few unruly guests and Debbie had to (ahem) take them under her wings or was it the other way around???)

It was a magical, beautiful day...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi laurie! it so good of you to come and visit me :) and i had your blog address right in front of me too which i am so glad of.
what a wonderful thing it is to watch a new mom ( i am assuming here) prepare for a sweet baby. i love that irish name kaden...
did you sell that adorable blue apron that shows up a few posts down? it is a beauty!
i am semi-planning to be at barnhouse in a couple of weeks. it is a bit uncertain although i really do want to make that last event of the season. you all have created such an amazing group of artisans!
hope to see you there and if so... i will ask again about that baby blue apron ;)

Anonymous said...

p.s. heaven among the pines that is a lovely image to begin my day :)
xo

littlebyrd said...

Beautiful celebration! Everything looked perfect!!

Kelly said...

laurie! your pictures are beautiful! mine are horrible! thank you for coming and bringing a delious snack, i had so much fun with you and chelsea!

Karen said...

What a pretty blog you have! I saw your blog via Natalie's blog via Barnhouse blog LOL. We just had a baby shower, too! I love the photos of your shower! Karen
PS I loved the translation of that scripture, I've never read that one! Beautiful!