Thursday, March 12, 2009

Helicopter in the backyard?

This was in our backyard this morning! Let me clarify by saying that we live in the country and are surrounded by acres and acres of Christmas trees! I love this time of year when they fertilize the trees!
Just picture this scene. It's 7:45am. I'm standing in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee and I hear this low rumbling. I realize it's a helicopter and a photo op at about the same time! I'm scrambling for my new and still foreign camera. This is exactly why I bought the thing, for moments like this. I change to my ultra cool zoom lens and run outside in socks, pj's and a down jacket. It's freezing outside, the sky is a gorgeous blue and the helicopter is zooming towards me. "Wait"! I'm not quite ready... In a panic I just start snapping away. This is what I got...




That was fun...


3 comments:

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

That would be a bit scary! We live in Los Angeles, so when we hear a helicopter hovering overhead it usually means the police are looking for a crime suspect! Welcome to the big city! Thanks for stopping by to see my furniture remix!

Kelly said...

Hey there auntie-poo! Crazy morning! Great pictures.

littlebyrd said...

Oh cool! These are great pictures!
Have a wonderful weekend.