creating and being in a creative space makes me very Happy...
Projects for the week included filling a custom order for five lovely Christmas stockings.
The only criteria given was for two long and three short fat stockings all in varying shades of taupe and white. I had already designed the long stocking pattern but needed a short fatty.
Here's how my design process works.
1. Visualize - I try to see the finished product (in my little head) before I draw or cut. This helps me to know where I'm going with the design. I also try to picture each step from design to completion. I like to use my seam ripper as little as possible :0)
2. Draw a pattern on freezer paper.
3. Sew a mock up out of muslin.
4. Make adjustments to mock up. I ended up making three different sizes before I liked it!
5. Choose fabrics.
5. Cut out, pin and sew.
6. Pop a favorite holiday CD into my laptop. This happens to be Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. I can do this once the process is in full swing... nice...
7. Decide on a cuff design and choose the trim.
8. Kiss them all good bye and send them off to their new home.
Another part of my week was spent filling a custom order for two of these...
This may be an all time favorite Worthy Goods stocking!
Because of this...
Debbie and I have decided to give one away!
Head on over to our Worthy Goods blog to enter.
I hope you win!!!