Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happenings

So much going on around here. Where do I start? 

How about backwards...

Last week I faced a milestone birthday. Yes, I will tell you just this once.

fitty
50
the big five-O

Next year I will be 49 and continue counting backwards until I reach 40.
Then bounce back up to 49.
And so on and so forth.

My husband gave me the best birthday present ever. He took me to a resort in Puerto Vallarta. Nothing to do for six days!

Turning 50 was painless.
Wonderful in fact.
He is a very good man. I will keep him thank you very much!


Backing up from there which is really hard to do because I just want to stay there...

About 12 weeks ago my husband and I joined a crazy gym with two core values.
Fitness and nutrition.

I mean hard core.
At least for us.

The workouts are CrossFit and the nutrition is Paleo.

It started because of the approaching birthday. Aging strong seems like a really good idea.

We get up at 5:15am M,W,F and hit the gym at 6:00 sharp. Never show up late for a workout or you will have to do burpees.  The workouts are always in a group and we all do the same thing. Ages range from young adult to mid 60's. Everyone goes at their own pace, level and strength. The support is amazing and our instructor doesn't let us get away with anything!

It's a love/hate relationship.

The nutrition is Paleo. Also known as the Cave man diet or Primitive. You can google search any of these terms and find tons of information.

In a nutshell... Paleo is eating grain free and sugar free.
Meats, veggies and fruits are the staples of a Paleo diet.

Just look at this gorgeous food...





We are enjoying this chosen lifestyle.
Except at 5:15am!

The food is beautiful and tasty.
We are getting stronger.

Aging strong...
It's a good thing!

For the foodies out there and the curious, I will be sharing a Paleo recipe each week. As always, if you have anything to add or a great recipe to share..
Speak up. Feel free. Add your comment. Let your voice be heard.

If you live in the Pacific NW, enjoy the sunshine!
Finally!!!

~Laurie

3 comments:

Ticking and Toile said...

great job Laurie!!! Wow you look so awesome in that beautiful blue water!!! What a great gift from your sweet hubby!! I'm with you...let's start counting backwards now! :)
xoxo,
Shellagh
P.S. Happy Belated birthday!

Susie said...

50, you are a baby. You and your hubby will be so much healthier. Smiles, Susie

Patina said...

Happy birthday Laurie, it looks like you and your hubby had a great time. The water looks wonderful!
Debbie