Sunday, January 16, 2011

Deer me...

There is something alluring about a bow hunter...
This one happens to belong to me.
This beautiful buck has been immortalized for all time in the form of a beautiful silhouette which has been applied to a soft gray wool to make this...

We have been enjoying this too... organic and free range it doesn't get better than that!
Venison roast sandwiches on jalapeno cheese bread with grilled onions, peppers and mushrooms topped off with provolone cheese...

Venison stew slow cooked to perfection...

Hope this week finds you using your creative talents and enjoying a home cooked meal or two!

7 comments:

Florence said...

Venison the best and so healthy for you! Wow that was a Big buck!!!! Hugs Florence

WhiteWhispers2u said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WhiteWhispers2u said...

My Mr. would be ever so jealous!I was raised on venison and never ate beef until I was about 10.I hated it and still don't like it to this day.
Awesome pillow too~Cheers Kim

Chelsea said...

Mmm, I love venison! We're running low- good thing I'll be home to stock up soon! Those sandwiches look so yummy!

ain't for city gals said...

I often hesitate to post anything about my hubby's hunting...but like you say how much more organic can we get!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

If I hadn't just ate lunch I am sure I would have eaten at least two donuts.I was safe~Cheers Kim

Anonymous said...

wow! just like my father in law.